Offset lithograph on laid paper. Signed in pencil lower right by Lowry, numbered lower left. Lowry made his initial sketch of St Simon's Church, Salford, in 1927 at his father's suggestion. When Lowry returned to the site, a month after making his sketch, the church had been demolished. The painting was completed the following year. Presented in a lime wax frame with conservation mount and UV conservation glass.