Please contact gallery for best price. Created in 1964, this image is one in a series of twelve lithographs. Commissioned by the Hadassah-Hebrew Medical Center, Chagall created these works as maquettes for a series of stained glass windows to be installed in the Center's synagogue outside of Jerusalem. The work was engraved by Charles Sorlier, who worked in close collaboration with the artist, and is printed on watermarked Arches wove paper. This piece is numbered 104/150 at the lower left, and is hand signed by by Marc Chagall (Vitebsk, 1887- Saint-Paul, 1985) in pencil in the lower right margin. Finally, the original lithographic stone is engraved, 'CH. SORLIER. GRAV. LITH.' at the lower left of the image. Seventy-five proofs, signed and numbered in Roman numerals, on Arches wove paper, and ten artist's proofs also exist.